Kids eXtreme Programs
Wyoming State Parks, Historic Site & Trails is committed to connecting nature and children. It is our goal to help families and children learn about and enjoy the outdoors. Wyoming Kids eXtreme activities, programs, and events are developed to encourage youth and families to experience, explore, engage with and connect with Wyoming’s cultural and natural resources.
Want to Get Involved? Have Questions or Suggestions?
Contact Ashley Rooney
, Youth Coordinator for SPHS&T, at 307-777-6560.
- Trees for Wyoming
- The Tress For Wyoming program was developed to empower youth and give them a way to respond to the beetle devastation happening in Wyoming and throughout the West. The pilot program in Cheyenne brought together the Laramie County Conservation District, WY State Parks, Historic Sites & Trails and students from Cheyenne Central High School. 33 students and their administrators planted 510 saplings, supplied by the Conservation District, at Curt Gowdy State Park.
- Want to get involved?
- Call Ashley Roonet at (307) 777-6560 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Youth Ambassador Program
- The Youth Ambassador program is a national youth-led movement that was developed by America’s State Parks. The impetus of this program is that Youth Ambassadors will promote the outdoors to other young adults, specifically to those who have not developed a deep connection with outdoor recreation. Reporting on their adventures through social media, Youth Ambassadors share their own passions for the outdoors in hopes of inspiring others to get outside and experience what the state parks have to offer.
- Become a Volunteer Youth Ambassador
- For more information, click here
or call the Wyoming State Parks
Youth Coordinator Ashley Rooney
at (307) 777-6560.
eXplore Big Beautiful Wyoming!
Wyoming Outdoor Resources
National Kids in Nature Initiatives
National Youth in the Outdoors Initiatives